Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Women I Will Become


I was sitting, after reading the Proverbs 31 Women, thinking about all the things I want to be. Who I want to be to my friends, who I want to be for my future husband, who I will need to be for my children, but most of all, all that God has designed me to be. Not because He doesn't think that I am not good enough the way I am, but because He has designed me for GREATER things. I don't only know this from reading the word and hearing the promises He has made, but because He has confirmed it to me over and over again.

This is what I got from reading Proverbs 31 plus some of my own add ins.
The women I will become

A women who:

Fears the Lord

Truly loves God above all else

Makes God the center of everything she does

Loves peoples individualism (the way God made them)

Is faithful to her word

Sees in people what they can become

People come to for wisdom/advice

Works hard, but not just hard, with EAGER hands.

Doesn’t put the cart before the horse

Makes the most of every moment

Walks in the Spirit

Is disciplined

Runs after Purity

Thrives on the word and continually knows it and uses it

People look up too

Shines Jesus’ light

Respects her family, friends, elders, leadership, and guys

Is happy with how God has made her

Knows she is forgiven and made NEW

A women of:-

Integrity

Faith

Love

Joy

Character

Wisdom

The spirit

Humility

Strength

Encouragement



NOW... HOW TO GET THERE? HHMMM

3 comments:

Dan Eggenschwiler said...

That's a pretty solid list you've compiled... I have to say, it's both inspiring and frustrating. It makes me want to think more about that and keep those things in the forefront, but then I just think about all the times I've laid that groundwork in the past and forgotten about it later. So I guess the real question is the exact one the you posed. How do we get there?

Natasha Gibbins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Moana said...

Hi Tash, I started skimming through your blog just bein nosey (after meeting you with Kris the other week) and I found myself drawn to reading each part in full because it really speaks to myself.'Your thoughts and questions and self discoveries are ones I can relate to.

I really enjoyed and appreciate your blog.

Thank you for sharing your journey. God bless