Friday, January 11, 2008

Waiting...

Wait on God for a Job!
Wait on God for a Husband/Wife!
Wait on God for children!
Wait on God!


All you see in book shops about single life are books to prepare you for what is ahead. For your future partner. How God can get you prepared for true love, and so on.
Well what if you just want to be happy and content where you are? What if you don't want to put your heart out on a ledge waiting?

I just got a book called 'Who has your heart? The single womens pursuit of Godliness.'
Finally, I have found a book that doesn't tell you 101 ways to prepare for marriage, or what to do to find the man God has waiting for you, and so on.
I have found a book that speaks to me where I am at, and where I need to be. A book that faces me back to my father in heaven and sets my focus on Him.

Waiting is something that a single person hears a lot of. And this is what Emily E. Ryan writes about it...well these are my thought on what she writes anyway.

To wait means to stay in one place and do nothing until something happens or in the expectation or hope that something will happen. Wright? Wrong!

The meaning of waiting when God says it in this sense is to be ready or available for someone to take or use... God!

To wait on God is not something that we should cringe at because, come on, think about it, waiting is boring.
It is a call to action!
To serve!
God says, "Wait on me while you wait on me"! Take action while you wait.
This is a perfect opportunity to spend as much time as I want or need to, to focus on who God is and what He has got me doing now.

I am in a good place. And I am happy...no, thankful, that I am here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this! So true, eh?

Miss you already, my giggle-friend.

Ambika

Anonymous said...

Natasha,

I just came across your blog when I "googled" myself during a very slow day at work. (pathetic, yes, but oh well).

I just wanted to say that I am so glad that Who Has Your Heart spoke to you in some way. That really blesses me!! Valentine's Day is coming up, and I remember it could sometimes be a dreaded holiday when I was single. So now, I always set aside Vday to remember my single friends and pray for them and their future husbands... If you don't mind, I'll add you to my list for this Vday!

Feel free to email me if you ever have specific prayer requests and/or anything else!

Thanks for commenting on this book; I hope you're enjoying JD's story, and I'm glad you're waiting with gumption now! :-)

In Him,
Emily E Ryan
www.emilyeryan.com
emily@emilyeryan.com