Friday, December 21, 2007

Personality change

So... I was driving along in my car the other day, and I was thinking about the way I was when I was younger. When I used to go up to anyone and just talk to them. It is supposedly meant be part of my personality.
As I went through... I guess we will call it a "down" period in my life, I became more nervous to talk to people. I even began to avoid people so I didn't have to talk to them. My so called personality, was not holding up to its name.
Because I was not walking with God at that time, I now recognize the Joy that only comes from God. I had lost my joy! Happiness comes and goes, but joy is from the Lord and is ever present, even when you are going through something huge.
The joy of the Lord is your strength. Neh 8:10

Getting that joy back has been a long process, as I have sort God after it.
I can honestly say that the joy of the Lord is my strength, and after it playing such a huge role in who I was, and then walking away from it, is it meant to be this hard to get it completely back again?
The question I have come too is, Have I had a personality change? Is that even possible, or, am I just on a long journey back to wholeness?
Lord, Your joy is what I need to be filled up with every morning before I go into my day. Your joy is my strength, and always will be what i need to make an impact in people.

No comments: