Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Identity theft


Last week, we were broken into.

Hayley's (my sis) car was taken and latter found burnt out.

My laptop with a years worth of journelling, photos, thoughts and just personal stuff, my wallet with quite a bit f cash in it, my ipod with thousands of songs, my phone, my brand new tent, my new bible on cd, my everything.

It is a sucky feeling. As I walked into work that day with nothing in my hands, no bag no wallet, no nothing, I felt like someone had stolen my identity. Like I was no one anymore. But the amazing thing is, that got me thinking.

Why did I feel like that? Where was it that I had placed my identity? What was it that I valued?

The fact that I had lost about $3,ooo worth of stuff, wasn't really it. It was that I had all my thoughts and journey for the last year on there. Stuff that I can't get back.

That's just it! What is it that is really important. So I had alot of stuff that I will not be able to replace, but what is the most important? Is it my personal thoughts, the stuff that I want to have for my own benefit, or is it the fact that I have breath in my lungs, roof over my head, and most importantly, my relationship with Jesus, which no one can take away. That is something that has to be given away. Something I will never lose. Something I will never give, but something that I can share as long as I do have breath in my lungs.

Corney???? Truth!!!

So really, they have no hope.


TO LIVE IS CHRIST AND TO DIE IS GAIN. NO MATTER WHAT PRICE I PAY, I CHOOSE TO GIVE THIS LIFE AWAY!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'm the one who sent you an email. Just so you know who I am!

Rachel said...

Rotorua and Mt Rangitoto pictures coming your way!

Anonymous said...

Tash...this is CARAAAAZY!!!??? I thought this only happened on the newschannel?....I am SO SORRY...you are so amazing in how you handle everything. I truly admire you.

sara jean said...

Tash!! So sorry to hear this, what a crazy thing to happen. Keep those eyes fixed on Jesus:) Good on ya for the positive outlook.